- The Sun City Ukulele Club formed in 2011.
- December 26, 2013
- The Ukulele Club was highlighted in an article on page 15 of the January edition of Sunviews magazine,
which is included once a month in the Daily News-Sun.
Click for 250Kb picture or 2.5Mb picture.
- December 12, 2013
- A good time was had by all at the Ukulele Club Christmas Party potluck in Fairway
Arizona Room #3. Thank you to Trudy for organizing. The Dec 18th Daily News Sun published a
photo of Willemssen, Cole, Dee, Cook and Dyke at the open mike.
- November 30, 2013, 11:00-11:45 am
- Performance at Sun City Arts and Crafts Festival at Sundial Rec Center.
Thank you for these pictures, Jeff! -- Click on a thumbnail to enlarge.
Click to view Large 3Mb copies.
- November 27
- Jam at Dave's with wine. Thanks, Dave.
- November 21, 2013
- Helen taught us how to make a lei, using a skein of fun fur (Michael's, Jo-Ann Fabrics, ) in a
favorite color and a length of 1/4" ribbon (6 feet is plenty, pick a color), plus a couple of accessories and tools provided. Thanks, Helen!
- October 17, 2013
- Open Mic Night with hors d'oeuvres and wine was a big hit. Thanks to Trudy for organizing.
- May 10, 2013
- Jake Shimabukuro was on AZ PBS Channel 8. A profile of Honolulu-born ukulele virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro,
whose mother taught him how to play the instrument when he was 4.
The documentary charts how his approach to ukulele has evolved through the years;
and accompanies him on tour, where he mesmerizes audiences with his talent.
He also travels with manager Kasuza Flanagan to her hometown of Sendai, Japan, a few months after the 2011 tsunami devastated it;
and contemplates his past and future while at home with his pregnant wife, Kelly.
- April 28, 2013
- Courtesy of Jeff Thomason here are Great Pictures! - of the performance at The Carillons.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge.
- April 27, 2013
- Mark found this: Why Your Brain Craves Music
- April 26, 2013
- Performance on Friday (4/26/13) from 3:00 to 3:45 is at Gencare Lifestyle at Sun City - The Carillons (closed in 2018)
located at 10045 Royal Oak Road.
- April 18, 2013
- Dave Fuch's son, Den, from Vermont started Thursday's meeting with a quick review and lesson of these tunes.
Hello Mary Lou,
White Sandy Beach,
Build Me Up Buttercup.