A collection of educational resources for beginners and beyond ...
Guidelines for Jam Leaders - We encourage you to lead one song, a couple of songs or a jam.
Guidelines for song charts approved by our chart review committee (Larry, Paul, Ginny, Trudy)
Brand new to the Ukulele?
- Craig Chee and Sara Maisel workshop, 25 Feb 2021, Brown-Eyed Girl
Strum charts for Bob's class
Chord diagrams - primary fingering for 13 different chords in twelve possible keys
C F G7 G9 - alternate, stretch fingering
8 1/2 x 11 chord diagrams for teaching
Click on a chord:
Ukulele Go - covers a wide range of basics and more
Here is a great tutorial by James Hill on strumming. He has many free videos, like this one, on YouTube, so take advantage of the knowledge of this great player and teacher. You can subscribe to these on his website. They are free.
plus eight more lessons
- Lessons and songs
Definitions and common misspellings
- In a standard form 32 bar song, B is the 3rd 8 bar section, the bridge
- barre (not bar or barred) chords
- canon (not cannon)
- a form of music composition
- chord (not cord)
- ritard (not retard)
- tacet (not tacit)
- indicates a portion that is not strummed
- to repeat the last phrase, line or two of a song
- you're (not "your")
- contraction for "you are"
- Plus tips, songs and more from gotaukulele.com
Playing the ukulele softer and slower to really listen to the sound it produces. Kimo is one of Mark's mentors.
On Tuesdays a dozen or two ukulele players jam from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Sam Ash music store, open to all. Call to verify schedule. (602) 863-7746. 4402 W Cactus Rd, Glendale.
- shows fingering for chords.
First select "soprano - C" on the right. Click on a chord. Click again for alternate fingering.
Check out the play along songs and videos. (ChordFinder apparently doesn't work on an iPad.)
Mark recommends this book of advanced ukulele chords.
It won't be long before you love to play, and play for fun.