The forScore app for iPad is an alternative to song books and printouts. App is updated often.
For Android and Windows, Jean likes MobileSheets ($12.99). A trial version is free.
These notes are are a quick reference, may be dated, not intended to replace the forScore User Guide
Copy a setlist (.4ss file) to forScore
The procedure is finicky. If it fails, try copying these instructions and slowly follow the instructions exactly.
- Visit the News web page using Safari on an iPad.
- Touch setlist file link located below the setlist, e.g. 20230907.4ss
and hold until list of options appears. Select "Open".
- Touch Download when it asks.
- Touch the download symbol (down arrow) at the top of Safari window to the right of the url.
- The setlist file appears in the download list, with a forScore logo. If no forScore logo, maybe try again.
- Touch the download file.
- Setlist and its songs are copied to forScore.
Copy a song to forScore
- Copy a file from a website:
- Open Safari browser on iPad and display a song chart, e.g. in scukes.org
- Touch the share icon to the right of the URL (box with up arrow).
- Touch "forScore."
- Drag and drop:
- Open Safari browser and navigate to a list of songs such as scukes.org/songs.html
- Touch 3 dots at top of screen and select the split screen icon.
- Open the forScore app.
- Drag songs from the screen on the left (Safari browser) to the screen on the right (forScore).
- AirDrop from another iPad
- Open forScore on the "donating" iPad.
- Display the song to share.
- Touch center of song to display control bar at top.
- Touch toolbox icon on right.
- Touch share and select a format.
- Touch AirDrop to share with a neighboring iPad.
- Receiving iPad has the option to accept the shared file.
- Receive a song attached to eMail
- Open the email with attached song[s].
- Touch and hold a song attachment until the "Open in ..." option appears.
- Open in ...
- Take a photo of a chart
- Open forScore and touch center of screen to display control bar
- Select toolbox, then Scan
- Take a photo, select down arrow, name the chart.
- Cloud services for multiple files - Open toolbox, then Services, to access Dropbox et al.
- iTunes - multiple files
Delete all songs
- Display list of all songs.
- Delete. Takes a while.